Monday, February 28, 2011

Integrating video games into your classroom!

Recently I have found a very interesting blog. It is about several video games which can be integrated into the classroom instruction. I found it on the Website of Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day, and you can find the links as follows: Video Games in Classroom Instruction.

I find it interesting and useful. I have played a lot of video games before, and I am pretty sure that most of my students will be interested in those games. However, I never thought of integrating those games into my classroom instruction. Inspired by the author of the blog, I suddenly realize that we can use those games to make the teaching more interesting and funnier. Like in the escape game series, we can use it to teach prepositions or vocabularies or whatever you can find in this game. This game will definitely motivate the students to learn, and as teachers, you can make the students engage more in the class (As in the games there are always options for you to choose).

I will absolutely try it in my future classroom, and I believe that it will be great! I hope you guys can check it out, and maybe also try it sometimes. Trust me, it is going to be amazing!


1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I'm sure that if you choose the right games the learning will seem effortless to the students.